Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Plan:

Outdoor: Bike to Park (Thoming)
Math: Number Duplos Game
Literacy/Science: RJ Blog about Caterpillars, Letter Duplos with L, Thank you letters
Art: Egg carton caterpillars
Math: Price comparison Spreadsheet

How it went:

Outdoors:  We did bike to the park with L in the trailer and RJ on his bike.  RJ's stamina is really improving. He goes full steam to the park and back and still has energy to spare now, not like a few weeks ago when he was running out of steam before we got back home!

The rest:  We spent more time at the park today, so it was after lunch before we actually got around to starting anything else, and even that was later because RJ and I played chess during/after lunch.  I'm not sure what it says about my chess abilities when I actually do have to try hard to play against him!  He is thinking at least one step in advance, sometimes two, and from multiple places on the board.  I think it's pretty impressive for a 6 year old.

We did spend some time looking at the caterpillars, especially since we have our first chrysalis, but we didn't get around to documenting them on his blog because I was busy cutting out and gluing the chores-for-hire that we came up with yesterday to craft sticks so we could start using them.  (I did take pictures though, and we will be doing more documenting tomorrow!  Predictably, earning money via chores was a major interest and I managed to get RJ to do a minimal-effort dusting of the living room (he only got 1/2 salary since I could still find dust in a lot of places, but we are going to work on quality of the job each time), feed the cats, and help snap beans for dinner.  L chose to wipe down the kitchen baseboards with a damp cloth.  So if we keep this up, it would be really nice!

After that, I started work on taping the sight words and letters to the duplos, but I only finished one sheet of words, and it took much longer than I had expected.  During that time the boys took it upon themselves to build with the duplos.  RJ did read a few of the words though.

Looks like we'll be moving some of these activities to another day!






No comments:

Post a Comment